.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Owen's First Year

As Thanksgiving approaches, I am reminded of a little 10-pound wiggly, orange creature that I'm especially thankful for this year.  It was one year ago that Maggie and I welcomed Owen into our home and our family. 


I had been toying around with the idea of getting another dog for a long time and finally decided to do it - and then I found Owen on a dachshund rescue group's website.  His name at the time was Cory and his foster Mom said that he might bark at me and not to feel bad when I visited him........well, when Maggie and I showed up, he not only didn't bark at us, he leaped up in my lap and gave me a big sloppy puppy kiss!  His foster mom was shocked and I ended up taking him home that day!



That was Thanksgiving weekend last year - I cannot believe that a whole year has gone by already.  He has brought excitement, playfulness, companionship, naughtiness and everything in between into our house.  Even with the barking and digging issues that he brought, I still wouldn't trade him for the world - I love my little Owen!


No comments: