Last week for Thanksgiving, I was responsible for making the mashed potatoes and the recipe that I make requires the potatoes to be baked/warmed in the oven before the meal, so I busted out an oven-safe pot from my cupboard.
This pot is just an ordinary pot - nothing special, nothing pretty, nothing really noteworthy at all....except for what's on the bottom of it. My Dad is notorious for writing his name on things (even spray painting our last name in blaze orange on lawn chairs when we went camping!), and apparently when I took this pot to college, he thought it should be marked with the family name. HAHA
At any rate, here is the bottom of the pot - marked with my Dad's writing of "LARSEN." It could possibly be my Mom that wrote it, but it sure looks like Dad's all-caps writing and it definitely was HIS tendency to 'mark his territory,' so to speak.
This particular pot is long past its prime, but it's one that I will most likely never get rid of because of this marking on the bottom. It was an old pot when I took it to college in 1995, so it's almost an antique, eh? Apparently it's something that Dad wanted to make an heirloom of sorts, or something like that. :) I just like it because it reminds me that he was looking out for me when I took things off to college away from home, even though it was just an old cooking pot......good memories........


No comments:
Post a Comment