.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pickin' For Preemies


On Labor Day this year, I started a new tradition that I plan on continuing each year.....going to Pickin' For Preemies at Billy Bob's in Fort Worth.  It's a benefit for Cook Childrens' Hospital here in Dallas and it features MANY big names in the Texas country scene. 

I'm a huge fan of this genre since I discovered it when I moved down here - and by listening to music that I love AND supporting a great cause - it is a WIN-WIN!

Here's the fun crowd at the event.......


Can we saw awesomeness?!  Pat Green and Wade Bowen in this picture (Wade singing).  It was all acoustic (my favorite!) and they all sat in a line and took turns singing some of their songs - with the other guys joining in on them.  FANTASTIC!

Here's Cody Canada (used to be in Cross Canadian Ragweed, now he's with his band The Departed).

And Stoney LaRue rockin' out - he's so tiny!  But I do love the red bandana......

Pat Green looking bored.....

Now he's gettin' ready to join in - plugging the 'ol guitar in.......

And here's one of my absolute favorites - Jason Boland.  He's a little bit lesser-known, but I think his low, manly voice is just spectacular.  LOVED IT.

Looks like Pat Green and Wade Bowen are serenading each other!  They were actually friends before they got famous - back in Waco where they are both from.

Here's the line-up:  Pat Green, Wade Bowen, Randy Rogers, Cody Canada, Stoney LaRue & Jason Boland (in that order).  AWESOMENESS.  I love the way they are all looking to the right at Pat Green as he plays.

It's Randy Rogers' turn!

Here's a close-up of Randy.  You couldn't see his face EVER - he kept it hidden under the hat the whole time, but his singing and that black guitar were amazing.

Cody Canada singing with his son - SO CUTE!

Haha - now they are all looking to the left!

Rock it, Jason!  He looks like a dorky guy in high school, but that low voice is just so sexy!


I guess Cody Canada needed a potty break.......

OK, he's back!

Randy Rogers and Cody Canada are playing together.

It was a laid back night of pure acoustic bliss.  I will most DEFINITELY be back again next year!!!


No comments: