.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fancy Pants Gardens

While I was at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC, I also had the opportunity to visit the massive gardens that are along one side of the mansion.  They were beautiful!

Look at the dragonfly design in the garden below!
Their gardens are all fancy pants - even inspired by Tiffany designs!
I cannot even imagine how many gardeners it takes to design, plant, water and maintain these grounds....
I love that the designs have a definite pattern to them - that's just my Type A-ness coming out.....
I bet these gardens look super cool from the air - they should have plane/helicopter rides so you can see the whole property from above.
Here's the greenhouse in the gardens....
This was my favorite plant - they look like chili peppers, but they are soft and fuzzy like a caterpillar!

No comments: