.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Light traffic during the holidays! Yes, that's what I'm thankful for this week........because now the light traffic is gone and I don't think I appreciated it enough when I had it recently!

I'm not a huge fan of the holidays at this stage of my life, so I try to enjoy the parts that bring me joy and ignore the rest. One of the things that I am just giddy about is the fact that almost no one is on the highways during rush hour! HURRAY! I can go about my business, leave whenever I want and not have to worry about the 5 accidents and thousands of cars on the roads during my 20-mile commute up to Irving.

I rarely take PTO at the holidays, so I work basically every day that the office is open - I think I have done that ever since I got my first 'real' job out of college. One of the main reasons I got in that habit was that my ex-husband was a general manager in retail and so he had to work right up until Christmas and then immediately afterward too. Same deal for Thanksgiving weekend. So, we never could go out of town, so I might as well be at work!

After my divorce and in the years since, I have just sort of kept in that pattern and it works for me. It gives me all of my coveted PTO to use throughout the year for traveling, visits from friends, home projects, etc. Perfect plan for me!

Anyway, the thing that I am missing most right now is clear roads - I was so spoiled during the holidays!

No comments: