Last week, I went to The Melting Pot with April and a few of her friends (5 of us in all). It was great company and they had all been there before. I was the only "fondue virgin" so they showed me the ropes. I didn't realize that you actually COOK the meat, as well as dipping it. For those that don't know me well, I have an aversion to raw meat - it's just a really gross texture and I just feel like there's salmonella and e coli everywhere. Don't get me wrong, though, I love eating it, but I just am not a fan of handling raw meat (insert dirty joke 'here').
Anyway, we went on "Ladies Night" so basically the entire restaurant was packed with women (we went to the one in Addison - on Belt Line and the Tollway). It was a set menu since they were doing Ladies Night, so we had the cheese fondue first. He cooked up the concoction and it was really good! Next was salads - in regular individual bowls. It was a great salad and super yummy.
Then came the big plates of raw meat - eeek! I did pretty well with it. April taught me what to do and how long to keep it in the pot so that it was totally cooked. I managed to cook everything right and it tasted pretty dang good!The last course was the dessert. They brought out 2 pots of chocolate - dark chocolate and Heath bar chocolate. Both were fantastic! The items that we got to dip in the chocolate were cheesecake, marshmallows, strawberries, rice krispie bars and banana chunks. WOW - amazing.
The whole meal was $29 plus tax and tip. I think my bill ended up being like $44 or something like that since I got a glass of wine too. Oh, and they gave us a bottle of their garlic and wine seasoning to take home - yum!
It was a fun experience and the food was good, but it's probably not something I need to do all the time. But it's always fun to go out with a group of girls and get some laughs in, so it was a success in my book!
1 comment:
I LOVE the melting pot - it is expensive, but it is totally fun. I also feel that I smell like cooking oil when I leave, but again, the chocolate fondue is WORTH IT!
Post a Comment