.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Dallas Updates....


Well, my 3 day house-searching marathon has come to an end and I do not have a house lined up yet. While I understand my expectations of finding a house, making an offer and having it accepted in 3 days was a little unrealistic, I'm still disappointed. However, I did find a house I REALLY like and I put in an offer just before rushing off to the airport to come home. It's a short-sale, so the house is almost in foreclosure with the current owner, so I put in a low offer and we'll see if they'll take it to get it off their hands so the bank doesn't have to put it into foreclosure and deal with it. If they accept it, then I'll be a homeowner very soon....if not, I'm back to the drawing board when I go down there for good around the 14th of March.

The trip down to Dallas this time was emotionally draining, mentally challenging and very stressful because I put so much pressure on myself to accomplish this 'house' conquest. But I have to believe that this will all work out in the end and that I'll have a place to call home sometime soon. It's very daunting to try and do this all at once, but people do this every day and they don't end up in a straight jacket, so I'm sure I can do it!!

I also had another milestone - I sent and received my first text messages ever!! I know that might sound ridiculous to most of the folks reading this, but I have had just a Nextel work phone for the last 3.5 years and it didn't have all the bells and whistles on the plan (no texting, no camera phone, etc.). This is so much fun!!!!!

2 comments:

Iris Took said...

Hey! What is the update on the house?

Anonymous said...

Everything will work out just like it is supposed to :).