.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thankful Thursday

This week I am thankful for small, quaint little diners in small, quaint little Texas towns.  Recently, my friend Denise and I drove east of Dallas to just explore and escape the city.  Well we ended up in a little town called Edom, Texas around lunchtime.  I had visited once before when Jenks and I went blueberry picking last summer.  This time around, there was no fruit to pick, but there WAS a cute little diner/cafe called The Shed.
Here's what the cafe 'counter' looks like:

 


It was very friendly, slow-paced, laid-back and small-town-like.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm a city girl......however, these retreats into the obscurity of small towns and wide open roads are priceless to me these days.  I'm so thankful for the freedom and means to be able to escape to such wonderful little treasures like The Shed in Edom!

No comments: