.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Monday, February 20, 2012

Bagpipes and fiddles and drums, oh my!





About a week ago, my friends Denise and Renee and I went to an awesome show in Grand Prairie (the suburb just to the east of Arlington where I live) - The Killdares.  They are a mix of rock, celtic and who knows what else?

The theater is a restored old movie theater - The Uptown Theater in the old downtown Grand Prairie.  It was AWESOME.
The lobby has the original exposed brick of the building next door - with framed prints of a local Texas photographer.  Awesome new/old concept for the place.  I loved it!
Here's the band getting started - fiddle, drummer and bagpipe!
The bagpiper was awesome - and when April, Lauren and I saw them at the State Fair of Texas in September, he had on a kilt too!
Now here's the dueling guitar and bagpipe.  Who wins??
These musicians were fantastic - incredibly talented.
It was like Riverdance meets rock band.  Look at them work those instruments!
I loved this part - all of them going at it!
And at intermission, we saw a devoted fan......gotta love a man in a kilt.......
The bass player was the only one who didn't get really into it.  The others were pretty animated, which was fun.
The bagpiper was pretty cool - I wish he would've been wearing the kilt, though!
The fiddle girl was beautiful and talented - she played like crazy.
Bagpipes are the weirdest looking instruments!

He occasionally stopped blowing on the bagpipe and sang a little too - what a great show!

No comments: