.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

New Commitment

One of the new things I'm starting this year is tithing to my church.  I have attended my church for about 3.5 years and I have given money here and there, but nothing consistent or premeditated.  I volunteer my time in the nursery, hospitality ministry and also in the finance ministry as well.  However, I have never made tithing as a regular, conscious commitment part of my life....until now.


I feel like it's time to grow as a Christian and make it a priority to financially support the church that I get so much out of.  So last week I wrote out the first check and it felt great.  I gave the money with a joyful spirit, expecting nothing in return.  I didn't do it begrudgingly or out of guilt, but because I truly felt that it was time to take this next step in my faith.



I'm excited to contribute to my church in a new way and I feel totally at peace with donating my money in this way.  What a great feeling!

No comments: