.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Monday, January 30, 2012

Complete Life

OK, folks - it's been a while since I ranted about something, so let me get on my soapbox real quick.....

Here's what I need to rant about:  Just because I am single and don't have kids, doesn't mean that I'm not busy or have a life!  OK, I got it out there in the open.  Lately, I feel like (*some*) people who have kids are acting like they are the only ones with busy lives and a lot of stuff to do.   Uhhhhhhhh - no, that's not the case, people!

I don't just sit around looking at the ceiling all day - I have a very stressful full-time job, 2 dogs to take care of, a 25-year-old house to maintain, yard work, grocery shopping, car repairs, errands, volunteering in 4 different ministries at church, and trying to have a semblance of a social life.  That's a LOT to take care of for ONE person, if you ask me!  I don't have hubby or kids to help me do ANY of it, nor do I have parents, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles or anyone else to stop over and pitch in when I need it.  I'm on my own and doing it all myself.

I chose the life I have - to have dogs, to buy a house by myself, to get involved at church, etc.....so I'm not complaining that I have a very busy and full life - actually, just the opposite.  I did all of that on purpose - I like to be busy and involved, while having my down time and alone time as well.

But I do NOT appreciate when people with kids look at you like you're going skydiving every day just because you didn't birth a bundle of joy and dote on said child every night.  I'm just as busy as the next person and perfectly happy without children in my life.  We all make choices and are doing different things in our lives and that's great - more variety and we all get the freedom to choose how our lives are laid out.  Isn't America great?!  But one way is not the ONLY way, nor is there a BEST way to do life.  So get over it!

OK, I'm done now.  Thanks for listening.

No comments: