Last weekend, I got a taste of 'nature' and 'wildlife' right in my very own backyard. An uninvited guest showed up on my backyard fence and he was driving the dogs NUTS when I got home from Bunco last Friday night.
I went to the backyard when they weren't waiting at the door for me......and this is what I found!

A nasty, disgusting possum sitting on my fence - and 'securing' himself with his tail wrapped around a branch on a small tree. GROSS!!!!
Here is Maggie, giving him the evil eye.....

Owen was bothered more than Maggie, but he's just more aggressive and feisty about foreign people or animals. Owen was making all kinds of weird noises and jumping on the fence. Good thing he's short so they didn't meet up with each other!

I tried walking close to the fence and yelling at him to go away - didn't work. I went inside to get a broom and try to shoo him away with that - didn't work. I was afraid to get too close because I didn't know if he was rabid or angry. I did NOT want him to attack me or the dogs!

You almost can't even see him from far away - but Owen somehow spotted him in the dark up there while I was gone...

I think it's the tail curled around the branch that creeps me out the most! Oh, and I was panicked that he would come down from the fence into my yard and come in the doggy door after Maggie and Owen! How disturbing would that be to have a nasty possum in your house! I guess it's better than a skunk, though.......
Here's how Owen sat for about an hour and a half - until I grabbed him and made him come inside.

Here's my little watchdog, Owen!
1 comment:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SICK!
Post a Comment