OK, it's Thankful Thursday, so here we go!
1. The ability to work from home - We had a wild end of the week last week - the most snow in Dallas/Fort Worth history! Anyway, I was able to work from home and avoid the dangerous roads and crazy Texas drivers and get a lot done at home. And what's better than working in your pj's with your dog on your lap?!

And here she is, retiring to the floor next to me while I worked:

2. Southwest Airlines - They are great! I booked 2 different trips with them last week (late Feb to see my Mom in Harlingen, TX and mid-April to Orlando for a girls weekend) and the prices are amazing - $99 each way and 2 pieces of luggage fly for free - no charges for bags!

Mayce and I will also be using them to get to San Antonio in March to meet up with her brother's group for the New York City trip. So that's 3 times in 3 months and I am looking forward to it. They are a great airline, I have had GREAT experiences with them in the past and they are always friendly and helpful. Plus, Dallas Love Field (where Southwest flies in/out of) is much less crowded of an airport than DFW.

3. My Mom - It's her birthday today! She is a very strong woman who has lived through some hard things in her life, but has never wavered in her commitment to us.

She was a Sunday school teacher, Girl Scout troop leader, she gives blood on a regular basis, volunteers with a local school in Harlingen (helping 1st graders with reading), volunteers on a crisis hotline, donates to her church, helped with her grief group in Minnesota, volunteers to clean her church bathrooms, helps with her garden club, and the list goes on and on.

She was a very involved Mom growing up and has always been there when I need her. KUDOS to you, Mom! I'm proud to be your daughter!

4. Chris' help with my home improvement projects - Chris used to remodel homes and has done a ton of projects in his own home, so he is very knowledgeable about all-things-house.

He has demo'ed my shower, replaced my bedroom ceiling fan, mowed my grass when it was super hot last summer, fixed weather stripping on my door, etc. etc. etc.

However, the most meaningful thing he has done was to build a beautiful custom memory box to store my Dad's ashes in. And now, he's basically building me a new tile shower! I am so very thankful for his help, advice, time and talents. I'm a lucky girl!

5. A crackling fire in the fireplace when it's snowing outside. It's just that smell, the warmth, the flickering light. VERY COZY and I love it!

I love to get those fire logs that come in a bag and you just throw it in the fireplace and light the bag on fire. They last 4 hours and that's it. Easy and clean! I'm a 'set it and forget it' kind of girl, so they are the perfect solution.
2 comments:
Happy Thankful Thursday to you!!
Does Southwest go from Texas to MN? :) Sounds like things are going well in Texas...definitely thought of you when I saw that Texas was getting snow. I'm sure the drivers down there are much worse than up here so glad you were able to stay home! Take care-Abby
Post a Comment