.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Friday, February 5, 2010

Drama-Free Zone

I have been thinking lately about people and the drama in their lives. Doesn't it seem like some people seem to ALWAYS have drama, no matter what?! I just don't get it - how could the same person have so much drama all the time and somehow 'none' of it is 'their fault'?

And then there's the rest of us......ya know, the people who have drama, issues or trauma SOME of the time, or occasionally. That's just the ebb and flow of life - we're all going to go through bad times and good times, deal with drama, setbacks, troubles, etc. But eventually we get through them and then move on peacefully.

It's almost as if the 80/20 rule applies to the 'dramatic' people in this world....80% of the ridiculous drama comes from 20% of the people in our lives! I totally believe this is true and it has been my experience.

It gets to the point where you run into the concept of 'the boy who cried wolf.' When these 'drama' people are constantly creating, reacting to, or wallowing in drama all the time, you kind of tune them out and ignore the chaos. So when something really noteworthy happens, it's the same retoric that you hear from them all the time and you just think 'yeah, yeah - I've heard this before. Whatever - it will be something different tomorrow, so I'm not going to really pay attention to it.'

These people are absolutely exhausting! What's the deal?? Why on earth would you want to attract all that drama and be in a constant state of chaos and panic?! And just a tip to those that are full of drama - when is the last time you ASKED A QUESTION of the people that you converse with each day?? If they really paid attention, drama-lovers would realize that they are WILDLY self-absorbed and do not seem to care about the people they verbally puke on all the time! Enough, already!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Drama? What drama?