.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bad Timing

I have a complaint regarding cell phones (and I am positive that it's a common complaint) - why do they make you sign a 2-year contract and make it so you aren't eligible for a new phone for 2 YEARS when their phones barely last a year before they break?!

It's such a crock! I have had 3 Verizon phones in my life and ALL THREE of them were broken within a year of me getting them. I am not violent with my phones - it's just normal use and wear and tear. I store them in a compartment in my purse, so they aren't being jostled around.

I'm already on my 3rd phone since I moved to Texas and I haven't even been here 2 years yet (it will be 2 years in mid-March)! I had to go and get a new phone the other day because the whole touch-screen quit working on my phone - I only had the phone for 11 months! Luckily, it was still under warranty, so I got a replacement for free (but it's a 'like-new' warranty replacement, so how much do I really trust it?!). UGH.

I just hope it lasts until next February when I'm eligible for my 2-year new phone! Even though it will actually be my 3RD phone since I signed the contract! Whaaaaaat?! Why don't they either make phones that actually LAST for the 2 years or make contracts last 1 year (the useful life of their piece-of-crap phones)????

Anyone else have issues with this?!?!

2 comments:

Iris Took said...

I have issues with the fact that you don't really know you are going to like the phone or if it will have all the proper applications for you until you use it for about a month and then you are stuck with it. 3 days? Not enough.

Michelle Benson said...

Boy do I ever agree with you on this issue! My son renewed his contract with AT&T I believe in March of '09 and he is on his 3rd phone as well because the touch screen just stopped working. Now, AT&T was very nice about it and they shipped him out his new phone immediately and overnight but....the inconvenience of it all just frustrates him. He, like you, takes very good care of his phone but he's counting down the days until he can get a new phone.

Shooter