Recently, Chris and I headed to Fort Woof (a dog park in Fort Worth) for Barktoberfest! There were vendors, a costume contest, pet photography, and LOTS of doggy interaction!

We were planning on taking both Maggie and Chris' dog, Kharma (a mastiff puppy), but the day before Barktoberfest, Kharma went into heat so she had to stay home. Very sad girl!

They look like the 'odd couple', huh??
The event was really well done and there were so many cute dogs - and it was perfect weather. Here's the 'best in show' competition (or something like that!)...

I'm not sure why I took this picture, but when I uploaded it on my computer, I had to laugh - I think that dog and his hat are hilarious!

Since it was a festival-type event, dogs had to be on a leash, but because it's a regular dog park too, we took Maggie over to the small dog area and let her run free. She got some great chasing action in, but then had to pause for the 'get to know you' dance that dogs do so well.........

There were some agility activities for them to play on, but Maggie was more interested in sniffing and chasing other dogs. What a social wiener I have. :)

And when she was supposed to run THROUGH the tube, my Maggie runs next to it. Silly girl!

Here are some of the cute costumes:
A fellow wiener in western garb...

A BULLdog (with longhorns) with a cowboy on him!

A fan of the University of Texas!

The headless horseman....

More wieners....disguised as squirrels.....

A shark.......

Dallas Cowboys cheerleader.....

And a turtle!

I love this - a Mexican dress on her!
2 comments:
Interesting
Dogs in costume! You love that!
Post a Comment