.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Crazy Cajun

Just like last year (and probably every other year the group has made the trip to the coast), the Saturday night tradition was to go eat at The Crazy Cajun. As most of you know, I do not eat fish, seafood, and I'm not all that crazy about super spicy food - so this wasn't my first choice of restaurants....but I just needed to take one for the team. Here's Mayce and I at the table....

The seafood eaters (everyone but Elvia and I) get this "Hungry Cajun" dinner where they just bring your dinner in a big metal bowl and dump it on the table in front of you and you just eat it on the table - no plates! The Hungry Cajun consists of potatoes, corn-on-the-cob, shrimp, spicy sausage and sometimes crawfish.

Here are some pics of their dinner:

And here is the nasty carnage in mid-dinner.....

And here's the pile of shrimp carcases after they were done - ICK!!

Last year, they had a chicken dinner that I eagerly ordered, but this year it wasn't on the menu - I panicked!! The only other non-fish-or-seafood option was ribs, so Elvia and I got that. Here was my dinner: (also served in a metal bowl that they just dump on the table - no graceful way to eat at this joint!)

1 comment:

Iris Took said...

That looks like a dream come true!