.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Monday, August 3, 2009

Tombstone

I know that I will probably offend a few people and ruffle some feathers with this post....I try as hard as I can to keep political stuff out of my blog, but I just couldn't help it on this one! I love all of you, no matter what side of the aisle you sit on, but I can't not post this.... :)

Professor Joseph Olson of Hemline University School of Law, St. Paul , Minnesota , points out some interesting facts concerning the Presidential election:

Number of States won by: Democrats: 19 Republicans: 29

Square miles of land won by: Democrats: 580,000 Republicans: 2,427,000

Population of counties won by: Democrats: 127 million Republicans: 143 million

Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Democrats: 13.2 Republicans: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Republican won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country. Democrat territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegals and they vote, then we can say goodbye to the USA as we know it in fewer than five years.

3 comments:

barb said...

Good but scary information.

Unknown said...

wow--pretty awesome, but saddening statistics---makes you wonder where this world/country is heading

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! But frighteningly sad!