.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Presidential Morning

When I was in Ohio last week, I stayed with my friends Mike and Barb in Fremont for the first night. We had pina coladas immediately when I got there, which was awesome! We went out for pizza and ice cream that first night. Here's a pic of Mike at the ice cream place....

The next morning, we hung out on their porch, then headed over to the President Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center to tour the Hayes home, gravesite and museum.

Here's President Rutherford B. Hayes and his wife, Lucy - circa the late 1800's:

This is the memorial area of the museum - very pretty:

And this is a cannon that was used in the Civil War!

And this is the former president's white house carriage:




Here I am at the president's gravesite - located just behind the house.

And during the tour of the house, they said that he buried 2 of his horses on the grounds - we found the stones from when they were buried! They actually buried the president right by where his beloved horses were laid to rest.

And this squirrel was the biggest, fattest one that I have ever seen! It's hard to see the size perspective because it's such a close-up, but it was INCREDIBLE!

And this is my good friend Barb! Mike and Barb were such wonderful hosts and so generous. I miss you already, my dear!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lauri,

Had a great time with you. Next time you have to stay longer!! Mike and I miss you!! Take-care!

Barb