Recently, my Mom went to camp through her church (she has gone every summer for a few years now) and we joke that it took her 60 years, but she's finally 'going to camp'! Whenever she goes to camp, it brings fabulous memories back to me about my summer camp experiences at Camp Shamineau as a kid.
I went to camp for the first time in 1st grade and continued to go each year until I graduated high school. I had an absolute blast and LOVED the independence!Here's an aerial view of the swimming beach at the camp I went to:
And the lake was gorgeous - it even had an island in the middle! Just looking at these pictures makes me miss Minnesota summers so much.
I think I took all of the lakes and water in MN for granted growing up - every camp/camping experience revolved around water activities - tubing, boating, swimming, etc. I didn't really think there were campgrounds in the midwest that didn't have some sort of body of water next to them until I moved to Ohio and realized that they exist!


No comments:
Post a Comment