It's official - in about a month and a half, I'll be flying back to Ohio for the first time since I moved from Toledo down to Texas in March 2008! I bought my flight recently and I am already making a list of people I would love to see, places I want to visit, and restaurants I need to go. I miss my Toledo friends so much and it was so hard to leave them last spring to fulfill my dream of living in Texas. I just wish I could convince all of them to move down here!


Here are some highlights that I want to fit in on my trip:
The best Mexican food restaurant on the planet - El Camino Real in West Toledo!!! I miss my El Camino margaritas and the 5-hour happy hours with work friends!

I need to visit my old neighborhood - The Old West End. I loved those huge beautiful houses!

Hopefully I'll have time for a Mudhens game at Fifth Third Field - that is an AWESOME ballpark and it probably won't be 110 degree heat index like in Texas!


And of course, I will need to visit downtown Toledo and the SeaGate Convention Centre where I used to work...



I'm also going to drive out to Fremont, OH to visit my good friend Barb and her husband, Mike. We're going to play by the pool and drink pina coladas!I'm sure the trip back to Ohio will be emotional for me, but I am very much looking forward to being reunited with good friends and hitting my favorite spots in Toledo. I have a lot of mixed feelings about certain aspects of my life in Ohio, but this trip is going to be designed to hit the highlights, the good stuff and the fabulous friends I made there!
1 comment:
Can't wait for your visit!!!!
Barb
Post a Comment