This past Saturday, I drove down to Waxahachie, TX (about 25-30 miles southeast of where I live) with my friend April for a Meetup.com event - dinner at The Catfish Plantation restaurant (see tomorrow's post for details on the actual event). We got there about an hour early, so we decided to explore historic downtown Waxahachie (pronounced Wocks-a-hatch-ee). April is also a tourist-type like me and likes to take pictures of random weird things - we had a blast!
Here are some of the oddities we found in that hour:
This is April and I at the best sign in all of Waxahachie - Pimpin' Cowgirls! And that's what we were!
These were signs outside a cafe - I thought they were funny!
And me in front of the entrance to the courthouse:
April and I playing around at the courthouse......
2 comments:
You are such a good photog!
Great Pictures! The baby bird appears to be, a baby Killdeer.
The mother might have been close they nest on the ground and when a predator is close, the mother will pretend her wing is broken to lure you towards her and away from her babies.
Post a Comment