.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Monday, June 15, 2009

Glenn LIVE (but not really)


On June 4th, I went to my local movie theater at the Parks Mall here in Arlington to see my hero, Glenn Beck, do a live simulcast of his Common Sense Comedy Tour from Kansas City, MO. It was a 2-hour comedy/political/American history type show and all of that fabulous Glenn commentary that is dripping in humorous sarcasm. LOVED IT!!!!
It was a very weird experience because there was an intermission in the show, so everyone got up in the dark theater (they didn't bring up the lights) and started milling around....very weird. And the audience (me included) clapped and commented during all of the times where the live audience in Kansas City did - just like we were there. I secretly think Glenn could hear the clapping from all 400+ theaters that were showing this live feed!
He talked about everyday common sense stuff, lots of politcal stuff, economic stuff, etc. with that crazy, wacky, sarcasm style that Glenn is known for. The theater was packed (I barely found a seat!) and it was a lively crowd of my fellow conservatives (NOT necessarily Republicans - but definitely conservatives...there is a BIG difference).

I need to buy his new book REALLY BAD - gotta get my fix of Glenn!

3 comments:

Iris Took said...

Did you call ahead and tell them you needed bike rack so you won't accost Glenn Beck? You love him! Remember the bistro chair?

All Things Red said...

No, I didn't call ahead for bike rack, but it would've been a good idea - despite the fact that he wasn't even actually there at the theater!

PS - I still want that bistro chair. But I have my signed copy of his book proudly displayed in my house. :)

Anonymous said...

You and Dan, my boyfriend not Emily's husband :), would get along great. He is a fellow Glenn Beck fan.

cl