Well, the date has been set for my annual trip to visit my Mom in south Texas - I leave February 12th and I'll be down there for several days! This year is a lot different than previous years since I'm already in Texas.....but it's still a long trip because Texas is so freaking huge (it will be about an 8.5 hour drive - plus stops for food/gas/bathroom)! Instead of flying, I'm going to be taking a roadtrip in my Mazda (with "Amanda" my GPS, of course) so that I can buy bigger items in Mexico when we go shopping there. In previous years, I didn't have my own house to decorate with a big vase/pot or chiminea.....and those things wouldn't have fit in the plane anyway! This year I will have a house to decorate, as well as a car to lug it all home in. YES!

I was also contemplating adding an extra day or so to explore Austin, San Antonio or any other exciting city along the way. But even if I don't...I will still be driving across Texas - uncharted territory for me! Can you imagine all of the adventures I might have?!

1 comment:
I didn't realize that you haven't driving down to see your mom before. I'm sure you'll find some type of tourist trap on your journey :).
Post a Comment