.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Monday, July 14, 2008

Leavin' On A Jet Plane

This weekend started out pretty rough, but turned out to be a fabulously fun time with Allison!! On Thursday night (just hours before Allison was going to get on a plane to come down here), it became very apparent to me that I had gotten food poisoning and was violently ill for the evening and throughout the night. I was able to hold water and pop down by morning (it was a long process) and I picked up Allison from the airport on Friday morning. I didn't feel great, but I wasn't about to let food poisoning ruin my first visitor weekend!!

After I picked her up, we went to my work to reunite her with her cousin Tammy (who I work with). Then we went to Sam Moon (awesome huge jewelry/purse store), lunch at Hard 8 BBQ (see pics and blog post from a couple weeks ago) and then to my house to hang out with Maggie and relax.

On Saturday, we took a tour of Texas Stadium where the Cowboys play and then had lunch up in Flower Mound with Tammy. After that, it was off to Fort Worth for the 'cowboy' experience! We went shopping in the cool stores at the Stockyards, witnessed the cattle drive, had dinner at Cattlemen's Steakhouse (it was AMAZING food) and then off to the largest honky tonk in the nation - BILLY BOB'S for some pool, drinks and a Chris Cagle concert. I LOVED watching the people 2-step and do all their fancy dancing. I want to take lessons so I can do that!! It's a great place with lots to do and see.

Here are some pics of the stadium tour, the Stockyards, Cattlemen's & Billy Bob's:

On Sunday, my dream of meeting a real live cowboy was realized. Strangely, this meeting occurred at an IHOP in the center of Irving - corporate America. Allison and I met Mayce (from work) and her rancher/cowboy parents Dwight and Terri Nanny for brunch and it was so much fun! They said "fixin' to" and all kinds of 'southern-isms'. It was awesome. I made Dwight take a picture with me when we left (see below). Woo hoo!

Later on Sunday, we took a trip to the JFK assassination site and museum in Dallas. After that, we went home and relaxed, then went to a movie.

Monday was pool day in the sun (see pic - credit to Iris for the photo idea)! We had fun playing in the pool and both of us got some color. Woo hoo! :)

Overall, we had a whirlwind fun weekend and I'm so glad she made the trip to Big D! Miss you already, Allison!! (And Maggie is pretty mopey and sad since you left. She misses you too.)

PS - Make Jason download that George Strait song from iTunes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It WAS a great time, thanks for having me!! Love the pics you posted, especially the neon sign coming out of the honkeytonk! Will get mine e-mailed to you next week! Allison

Anonymous said...

PS- I had Jason download the song as soon as I got home Monday night, it is good! Allison