.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Exploring the Lone Star state, one ranch at a time

Well, I am finally kicking myself out of the house this weekend - at least for an afternoon or so. I have been spending pretty much every weekend working on the house (installing smoke detectors, doorknobs, handymen doing work, painting trim, etc. etc.) and not exploring this great city/state that I was so obsessed with moving to! So.......this weekend I'm kicking myself out of the house on Saturday (after I set up my new patio swing in the morning before it hits 800 degrees) to go exploring.

My first two ideas for places to go are:


1. Old Red Museum (the historic huge courthouse in downtown Dallas - across the street from the grassy knoll/Commerce St. where Kennedy was assassinated) http://www.oldred.org/

2. Southfork Ranch in Plano, TX (about 40 minutes from me - it's where the TV show "Dallas" was filmed) - the Ewing mansion/estate. http://www.southfork.com/

Anyone who's been to Dallas have any other ideas for my adventures? I promise to post pics. I'm a total tourist, so I'm all about these things - both exciting/flashy and historic.

No comments: