.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Postal Adventures

Some would call it weird, I call it creative. The problem: how to entertain your dog in the Texas summer without going out in 500 degree heat!

One option: driving to Dallas to go to the big indoor dog park (it's called "Unleashed" and I do intend to do this!)........OR.........Option 2: taking Maggie to the 24-hour section of our post office at night and letting her run around! It's air conditioned, there's nothing bad for her to get into, and if someone else walks in, they are usually wanting to pet or meet her!

Here she is in all her postal glory:

I'm sure there are security cameras, so hopefully I'm giving the security people a good laugh! And I'm probably WANTED by the Feds for my deviant doggy behavior. Oh well - I don't care.....I just run up and down the aisles of PO Boxes and chase her - she loves it!

There are all kinds of smells to check out and she has the whole place to herself!

Oh, and here's Miss Maggie being a rebel - playing on the table that explicitly says NOT to sit or play on it.

Desperate times require desperate measures in this crazy heat!

No comments: