.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Thursday, April 10, 2008

There's no place like home.....There's no place like home......

Well, I used that Wizard of Oz reference in this post's title for two reasons:

1. I'm going to have a home next Wednesday and I have waiting so long and wanted this so bad - cannot wait!

2. Some tornado activity rolled through the Metroplex (what people around here call the Dallas/Fort Worth area) last night and we had 70 mph straight-line winds, roofs were torn off, and a couple 18-wheelers were actually overturned by the wind. It was insane - but strangely enough, Maggie and I slept through it all!

Update on the house:

Everything is falling into place for me to buy/close on the townhouse in Arlington next Wednesday! I had a home inspection done on Tuesday and there were some things that need to be addressed, but we're going to ask the seller to pay for some of them. Otherwise my financing, the title company, State Farm, the two realtors - everyone is on board and I think things will go really smooth. The closing is on Wednesday and I am having the moving company load everything up in Toledo on Tuesday, which would put the delivery window at next Friday to the following Wednesday. So next weekend I might actually be reunited with my couch and all my shoes!!! Yay! I cannot wait to have my own place down here - it will be nice to stretch out and enjoy getting unpacked and settled. I'm chomping at the bit (ha - a horse term!) to decorate the new place!! I think Maggie will go through some sort of depression when we leave Tammy & Derrell's house here - she loves the kids and their dog - all the action. It will be very quiet for her again at my new house - not sure how she's going to react....I think down the line I'll have to get another wiener......

Well, tomorrow is an exciting day - my Mom is coming to visit on her way through Dallas/Fort Worth, onward towards Minnesota for the summer! I got a hotel room in Arlington and we're going to have a slumber party for the weekend. I am going to take her to Sam Moon (super cute, inexpensive purses and jewelry!), probably the Sixth Floor Museum (located in the building that Lee Harvey Oswald killed Kennedy out of) and the grassy knoll where Kennedy was assassinated, maybe the cattle drive in Fort Worth, driving around Irving and showing her where I work, playing with Maggie, appliance shopping, looking at my house, trying out a church in Arlington which is only 5-10 minutes from my new house (the pastor is Joel Osteen's brother-in-law). I'm glad she'll be here to keep me occupied so I'm not counting the minutes until I get into the house!

Other than that, things are pretty quiet - still love the job and Texas!! Keep me posted on what's going on in all of your lives!

No comments: