It sickens me after all this time of waiting for the house I posted a long time ago (6 weeks to be exact!), but I could not wait any longer. Teresa and I went house shopping on Sunday in a vain effort to pacify me and my incredible impatience and I found a different house that's not a foreclosure that I really really liked! The picture above is the front of the house - it's a townhouse/duplex (3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 1602 sq. ft., 1 car garage, fenced in backyard, all new carpet, all new interior paint, ceramic tile in kitchen and bathrooms, loft on second floor with extra seating area, fireplace, laundry room - completely move-in ready and very cute!). It's part of a HOA with the monthly fees only being $47 and that includes all maintenance of the front yard and includes a community pool one block over! The house is being offered as a rental or to buy, so I put both internet ads below as links - there are tons of pictures! I was at Teresa's house until 10pm on Sunday night drawing up the contract - this one would be a little cheaper and it's only about a mile or two from the other one, so the same commute to work. I think the utilities would be cheaper in this one too. Take a look and let me know what you think! The two realtors were counter-offering back and forth today, so we should have a done deal by tomorrow and then I can do a home inspection and the tenative closing date is next Wednesday!
OK, on to other things.....
Well, last week I signed up for Match.com and went on 3 first dates and 1 second date. I don't want to go into a lot of details on my dating life here on this public forum, but it's been a fun and interesting week, even though I don't think any of them are 'the one'. I did, however, get to tour the Dallas Cowboys headquarters at 11pm - private tour of the team locker room and I got to see Jerry Jones' office (the owner of the team)! Also, another of the dates was in downtown Fort Worth, which is beautiful at night. We walked around and saw the courthouse, live bands on the streets, went to Billy Miner's (a bar - it wasn't anything that unique to me, but apparently it's a big deal to go there), and then took a horse carriage ride through Sundance Square - it was so much fun and very pretty!
Random Texas Observations:
1. The definition of a "honky tonk" is any bar that has live music played inside of it.

2. Geckos are cute and fun on Geico commercials, but they are actually pretty gross looking in person (I say that because I saw my very first real live gecko last night at Teresa's house - and it was almost white! It was tiny and man, do they move quick! I heard a rumor that if their tails get cut off, they can grow it back - EEWWWW!!

OK, in the time it took me to write this post, I bought a house! I just got an email from Teresa that they accepted my offer and I will be a home owner in about a week!!!! I'm so excited and scared at the same time!!!!!

8 comments:
Which one did you buy?
Abby & Michelle
I bought the one you see on this post - just couldn't wait any longer on the original one!! I just have to get a home inspection and then it should be pretty much a done-deal!! Aggghhhhh - I'm sooooo scared!!!!
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! That is sooooooo exciting!! I am so glad that you are finally able to move forward and can get settled into your life! :) :) :) :) :) Will talk with you soon!! Allison
Finally!! I can send your housewarming present to an actual house :).
Congratulations on the house! I know you've wanted this for a long time and yes, it is scary but soooo exciting at the same time. It looks like there is so much room for Maggie to run around in the yard. She will love it! Post more pictures once you get moved in so we can see how you've made it your own!
Shooter
LAURI!!!! I'm sorry I haven't heard from you lately but I am blog stalking you and good thing too because I just learned YOU GOT THE HOUSE! Congrats!!!!! The other house just wasn't meant to be. I am so happy for you, send the weiner my love. SeaGate misses you!!!
Danielle
WOOHOO! I am so glad, finally my maggie moo moo will have her own yard!
YESSSSSSSSSS! I am going to do a cannonball in your pool!
Post a Comment