I hope you all know that I am kidding when I say I'm 'fixin' to do ANYTHING! But I am truly exhausted after a whirlwind weekend. Here are the things I accomplished:
1. Set up my lawn mower
2. Mowed the backyard
3. Watered the backyard and sprayed for pests
4. Went to the public library, got a library card and checked out Books-On-CD for my commute
5. Went to Goodwill and dropped off stuff to donate
6. Attended my homeowners association pool-opening party (got my keycard for the pool gate!)
7. Finished decorating the house
8. Vacuumed the house and cleaned the floors
9. Organized the garage
10. Went grocery shopping
11. Watched a documentary on Auschwitz (Beth - it was really depressing, just how I like 'em)
12. Took Maggie to the vet to get her annual shots
Whew - it was a busy weekend, but oh so productive. I love that - efficient. It's just the Type A/left brain in me. So now that I'm all settled, 'real life' can begin! I'm going to try a church next weekend that my co-workers go to and hopefully I will like it. It sounds like it's a lot like Cedar Creek, so that's right up my alley. I am also having Maggie's doggy door installed next Saturday - yay! Tomorrow I am working from home in the afternoon so that I can get my new garage door and garage door opener installed - YES! I'm excited to get my car in the garage since it's tornado/hail season and it's a pain in the rear to put it in the garage manually.
Well, here's the officially unveiling of my house (pics below):
The new master bedroom furniture that I bought down here.
Here's the guest room, just waiting for a guest........

The office.










This last picture is the future home of the much talked about doggy door. I even have the step stool all ready for Maggie. It will be installed on Saturday!
My job still is great and I'm enjoying it. We have a big conference to put on in 2 weeks, so everyone is very busy preparing. Every employee of the company works the conference, so it's all hands on deck. I'll be working in Registration, the Info booth and I will also be selling merch for the band (Lincoln Brewster). It should be a fun time, but long days - but that's something I'm used to! Actually these 3 days will be much shorter than "long" days I've had at SeaGate - so it should be a piece of cake. :)
The next big step in my journey is getting a Texas driver's license and Texas license plates! I have to get my car inspected and prove that I have insurance on the car and then I can go and claim my plates that I have wanted for so long. I am surely going to bring my camera and make a moron of myself, but this is a symbolic moment for me!
Have a great week everyone and put lots of comments on here - I love reading them (I get an email with your comment every time someone leaves one - yay!). As much as I LOVE Texas and I know without a doubt that I made the right decision and I belong here, I'm starting to get a little lonely for familiar faces and good friends!!
11 comments:
I am tired just reading the list of what you accomplished this weekend!
The house looks wonderful!!
Can't wait to see it.
Barb
YESSSSSSSS! The house looks amazing!! I love the big "L" and the huge clock especially. You have done a wonderful job!!!
I LOVE your bedroom furniture!! Where did you get it? You did such a great job! Don't worry, that guest room will be filled with us shortly :)
I love your house but I do not get the dog door/window?
To my dearest "Impractical Shoes" - thank you for the compliment. I got the bedroom furniture at Ashley Furniture. There's one in Spring Meadows in Maumee. I love it!
Hey Janis! The doggy door won't be cut into the house or the door, but rather it will sit in the window like a window air conditioner unit would. There's no screen in the window, so the window just shuts down on the doggy door and then I will use a piece of plexiglass to fill the rest of the width of the window. I will use some weather stripping to make a seal between the doggy door and the window that's coming down. Does that make sense? I wouldn't have thought of it, but Tammy who I was staying with before I got my house did it and they think it works great. And here, it's not a big deal with the whole cold freezing temps in the winter seeping in. :)
PS I just re-read this and although this should not make me laugh, the part about depressing just how you like 'em made me laugh. MISS YOU AUDREY RAINES!
DESSLER - I miss you too! I figured only a few people would think that 'depressing' comment was funny, but you are certainly one of them. Some things never change..... :)
Hi Laurie- Your place looks awesome. I miss having you in Toledo.
I can't tell who that last comment was from...If you leave an anonymous comment, try to sign your name in the text so I can tell who left me a message.
But thanks for the compliment and I'm sure that I miss you too!!
Lauri,
Your place looks awesome! Good job. I need you to work on my place now. Haha!
Golnaz
Post a Comment